This Philadelphia tradition was started in 1939 at itıs original location of 431 North 62nd Street in West Philadelphia, where it still operates. Jim really was the first owner. The photograph at the right shows (from left to right) Henry "Papa Geech" Caratura (Jim's first cook), Ida Caratura, Jim's Daughter, Jim's Wife, Jim's Son, Jim. This photo was taken at Cross Brothers slaughterhouse in North Philadelphia, which was Jim's first source of meat.
In 1976, Jim's Steaks expanded to 400 South Street in Center City Philadelphia. Since then its Art Deco style and family commitment to quality has made Jimıs Steaks a Philadelphia Landmark.
In 1996 Jim's Steaks expanded once again. Bringing it's award winning steaks and hoagies to Bustleton and Cottman Avenues at the Roosevelt Mall in Northeast Philadelphia.
Jim's newest location opened in 1999 at 469 Baltimore Pike in Springfield PA (Delaware County) in the Stoney Brook Center, offering you their traditional menu along with the latest and greatest additions. This family owned and operated store is becoming a landmark in Springfield.