In the 1930’s Jim and Millie served sandwiches out the front window of their West Philadelphia row home. In 1939 a Philadelphia tradition began when Jim turned his home at 431 N. 62nd Street into Jim’s Steak’s. They served cheesesteaks and his famous special Italian hoagie, milkshakes and other Philly specialties. In the early 1960’s Jim sold his business to William Proetto and his brother. In 1976, William Proetto and a partner expanded to 400 South Street. Since then its Art Deco style and family commitment to quality has made Jim¹s Steaks one of the most famous cheesesteaks restaurants in Philly. The Proetto family still operates the original location. In 1996 The Proetto family expanded Jim's Steaks once again, bringing it's award winning steaks and hoagies to Bustleton and Cottman Avenues at the Roosevelt Mall in Northeast Philadelphia. Jim's newest location opened in 1999 at 469 Baltimore Pike in Springfield, PA in the Stoney Creek Center, offering you their traditional menu along with the latest and greatest additions.
© 2014 Jim's Steaks. All Rights Reserved. site design: Jack Rabbit Design